Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tomorrow will be 2 months

It is hard to believe it has been 2 months since I started the diet.  I have lost a total of 14 pounds since Feb. 14th.  I had lost 3 pounds since the first of the year just by cutting back, nothing really structured.  So almost 20 pounds this year with about 30 more to go.  I have not been following the diet plan precisely, especially, in the last few weeks, but have the basics down and stick to it pretty closely. 

I plan to start back on cycle one the first of May - hopefully that will give me another jumpstart.  I would really like to lose 10 pounds a month and be at my goal by the end of July, but I know I will have to stop cheating on the weekends and having those occasional restaurant meals where I don't adhere to the plan if I expect that to happen.

I really think once I reach my goal weight, it will be easy enough to keep it under control - just watch my weight very carefully, and when I gain 3 or 4 pounds, go back to a more restrictive diet for a week or so and get it off.  Sounds good in principle anyway.......

Last night I made a hamburger plate - actually, the only "bad" thing about it is the sauteed onions - I cooked them in the hamburger grease - but they sure were good.  The ketchup was the reduced sugar kind from the book.





I love the new MiO that Regina sent me.  It is hard to believe such a small amount can make such a great glass of iced tea!  That was a real treat to go with my hamburger plate.





Last Friday night I had a couple of left over baked sweet potatoes and got a real hankerin' for a sweet potato pie.  I didn't have pie crust on hand, so went to the store to get them.  It would have been more healthy to just make it as a sweet potato custard without crust, but........  I tried to make it as healthy, low carb as possible so I used the two sweet potatoes, mashed; 2 eggs, beaten; 1/2 cup 2% evaporated milk; 1/4 cup truvia; 2 tsp. vanilla; 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; 1/2 tsp. nutmeg; 1/8 tsp. allspice.  No butter at all.  It turned out pretty good.  I think the truvia leaves a little after taste, I might should have used a little less.

This picture is after a few pieces have been eaten.  It's very good when you haven't had pie since Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment