Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dinner

There are times when you know having a healthy dinner is going to be difficult, usually because of schedules and time constraints.  Yesterday I had a hamburger patty and tossed salad for lunch.  About 3 pm I ate a piece of sweet potato pie.  Left work at 5, went to exercise at 5:30, left there at 6:30 and headed to a church service in East Ridge.  I ate a pear on the way to church.  I left church at 8:00 and was hungry, but couldn't figure what I should eat.  I thought about stopping at a convenience store for low fat chocolate milk, I had done that previously after exercise - have a pint of chocolate milk and call it supper.  But I was wanting something to eat, and finally decided to hit a drive through.  I went through Wendy's at 8:30 and got the smallest size of fries - the value size.  And that along with water was supper.  I knew it might cause some reflux problems - eating french fries so late, and it did.  I woke up for the first time in a long time during the night with reflux.

Tonight when I got home from work I didn't have anything prepared and had an hour before church.  So I prepared a "30 minute meal."  I thawed chicken breast tenders in the microwave and sauteed them in a little olive oil - seasoned with lemon pepper and garlic pepper.  I steamed some fresh broccoli and chopped up squash and onion and sauteed that in a little olive oil.  Thirty minutes from start to finish - that was great.  I made enough to have another meal, probably lunch on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment