Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Dinner

I think I should also share some of the challenges that I have on this diet such as temptations that I don't overcome......  I was supposed to go to a spa party after work last night, but the rain was so bad and storms were on the way, so I begged off and came home instead.  On the way home, I was trying to decide what to make for dinner.  I hadn't planned on dinner, because I expected to eat at the party.  I had fish, salmon and chicken breasts in the freezer, but then I thought about how good salmon patties would be with canned salmon.  Not changed for the 17 day diet - but just the way I always make them - which is the way mama made them, with crushed crackers, egg and seasonings (I use thyme and dill weed.)  I also had 2 yellow squash in the frig and I thought, "that squash sure would be good fried" - not sauteed in a little olive oil like earlier in the week, but coated with corn meal and fried in canola oil.  So when I got home from work, I boiled some corn on the cob, made fried squash and salmon patties - and I thoroughly enjoyed my soul food supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment