Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another New Diet

I don't usually publicize when I begin a diet, because I don't want to be embarrassed when it doesn't work, or I get impatient and give up or whatever the case.  But I am feeling very optimistic about this one.  I believe I have my mind right to stick with it and not cheat.

I started it on Monday, 2/14, so today is the 6th day, and I haven't cheated yet!  I haven't really been too hungry yet, and I haven't been tempted past my weakness point.  There have been a couple of challenges to face with eathing out, and I managed pretty well, I think.  On Monday night - the first DAY, no less - I went to dinner with a friend. I got to choose the restaurant and had a brainstorm.  Long Horn Steakhouse allows adults to order from the kids menu, so I chose the grilled chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette.  I removed the croutons, left the cheese, (wasn't much) and enjoyed the salad with a very small amount of the dressing.

The following morning I was meeting a friend at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and as I was driving there, I was trying to figure out what on earth I could eat for breakfast at Cracker Barrel and still be good.  I asked for 2 boiled eggs and orange slices.  They didn't even charge extra for the oranges, so that was nice.  As it turns out, my friend has been doing a modified Atkins for a couple of months (less fat than is usually allowed), and she has lost 30 pounds.  She had 2 eggs, over medium, bacon and wheat toast, but didn't eat too much of the toast.  Anyway, I overcame those challenges right off the bat.

I am not using the menus in the book verbatim, but am using them as a guideline.  Last Sunday night in preparation for the week, I grilled 2 salmon filets (cast iron grill pan sprayed with Pam,) baked 2 tilapia filets, seasoned with lemon pepper and baked 2 chicken breasts seasoned with garlic pepper.  I cut the chicken breasts in half and had 6 meals ready to go.  I made a large green salad, leaving off the tomatoes until time to eat it, and had bought some frozen steam in the bag vegetables - broccoli-cauliflower-carrots, and green beans. 

One good thing for me is that I don't mind eating the same thing frequently - as in leftovers.  A couple of days, I had the exact same menu - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks.  But I don't do that all the time.

As is usual for me, this is getting lengthy, so will close and do another post with recipe ideas.  I hope to hear from friends and others who are also trying (or have tried) this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment